Do you know what to do to help keep yourself safe while riding in a car?
- Always buckle your seat belt.
- If you are under 13, always ride in the back seat of a car.
- Make sure the seat belt fits you firmly across your collarbone and hips.
- Never open the door of a car that is moving.
- Never get in a car with a driver that has been drinking alcohol.
- Never throw things in the car.
- Stay calm and talk quietly.
- Don't do anything that would make the driver look away from the road.
- Never talk on a cell phone or do anything that distracts you if you are driving a car.
Remember, Be Smart, Be Safe!