Do you know the safety rules when you are around water?
Swimming can be a lot of fun, but it can also be very dangerous if you are not careful.
Here are some tips to help keep you safe around water:
- Learn how to swim.
- Never go swimming alone.
- Never go swimming when it is storming or lightning.
- Never swim in areas that are unfamiliar like rivers and creeks.
- Never run around a pool.
- Never swim at a public pool or beach without a lifeguard on duty.
- Never dive into shallow water.
- Never use flotation devices as life saving devices.
- Always wear a life jacket when you are on a boat, and stay seated.
- You should never be on a boat without an adult.
What should you do if you suspect someone is drowning?
- Get help immediately.
- Scream for help.
- Wave your arms to get attention.
- Try to get to a phone to call 911.
Remember, Be Smart, Be Safe!
Great Links On This Topic